2 pounds lamb, cubed
1 can kidney beans
3 cups spinach
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 bunches each, parsley, fenugreek & cilantro
Juice, 1 lemon
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Advieh Rose & Cinnamon
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean and wash herbs and chop finely.
- Heat a liberal amount of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the chopped fresh herbs, 10-12 minutes.
- In a large pot, saute onions in 2 tablespoons of oil until they become golden brown.
- Add the meat, Advieh, salt to taste and fry until all sides are brown.
- Add beans, spinach, scallions, herbs and lemon juice.
- Pour in enough water to cover the mixture by about 2 inches, bring to a boil on high heat for just a couple of minutes, lower the heat, cover and cook on medium to low heat for 1.5 hours. Then reduce to lowest setting and let simmer another 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or bread and enjoy!