2 tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Epazote Organic
1 pound dried black beans
3 cups chicken stock
3 cups water
1/2 pound chopped fresh chorizo sausage
1 diced onion
2 diced carrots
2 diced celery stalks
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp ancho or New Mexico chile powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
- Soak black beans overnight in cold water to cover. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place the beans, chicken stock and water, and RawSpiceBar’s Epazote Organic in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil on the stove top, skim off foam, then cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a large, heavy skillet, brown chorizo sausage. Remove the chorizo, leaving the fat in the pan. Add onion, carrots, celery stalks, and garlic to the pan and cook over medium heat until the vegetables become soft.
- Remove the pot of beans from the oven and stir in the vegetables and chorizo, along with ancho or New Mexico chile powder, ground cumin, and salt to taste.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until the beans are soft.