Dal Palak - Lentil Spinach Indian Curry
1 cup split peas
2 cups spinach
1 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
1 green chili pepper, minced (optional)
1" ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups canned whole tomatoes, diced
3 cups water
2 tsp RawSpiceBar's Garam Masala
Kosher salt, to taste
Instant Pot Directions
1. Start the instant pot in SAUTE mode and heat oil in it. Add salt, green chili, ginger and garlic.
2. Saute for 30 seconds until garlic turns golden brown, then add chopped tomato and spices.
3. Add the lentils and water. Stir well. Press CANCEL and close the instant pot lid with vent in sealing position.
4. Press MANUAL or Pressure Cook mode for 3 minutes. When the instant pot beeps, do a quick pressure release.
5. Open the lid and add chopped spinach. Press SAUTE mode. Simmer for 2 minutes until the dal starts boiling and spinach is mixed with the lentils.