Chicken Noodle Soup
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 lbs chicken, skin and bone in
6 oz egg noodles (2 cups), uncooked
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1.5 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Poultry seasoning
Instant Pot Directions
1. Turn Instant Pot to saute and add oil. Add onion, carrots and celery and saute, 4-5 minutes. Add salt to taste, garlic and spices and saute, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and let brown, another 4-5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, plus water. Close lid and set Instant Pot to 7 minutes.
3. Once release is complete, unlock lid. Remove the chicken pieces from the soup and shred with two forks.
4. Add noodles and set Instant Pot to saute. Cook another 6 minutes uncovered, or until the noodles are cooked. Turn off Instant Pot via cancel.
5. Add chicken back to pot, season to taste and enjoy!
Stove Top Directions
1. Heat oil in large stock pot. Add the onion, carrots and celery and saute, 4-5 minutes. Add salt to taste, garlic and spices and saute, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and brown, 4-5 minutes.
2. Add broth and water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot and increase the heat to high again. Add in the noodles and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
4. Meanwhile, as the noodles are cooking, shred chicken. Return the chicken to pot and season to taste.