RawSpiceBar's Peppercorn Chai Spices
1 cup wheat flour
1⁄2 cup rice flour
1⁄2 cup butter
3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons milk, plus more for dough (or any type of milk with some fat)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
Create the sauce:
1. Place milk and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, reduce heat and add RawSpiceBar's Chai & Rose Spices. Simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool.
Create the dough:
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sift together flours, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
3. Rub together butter and flour mixture, until resembling small breadcrumbs. Add sugar and combine ingredients.
4. Create a well in dough and add milk & spices from saucepan. Combine all ingredients and roll dough into a ball. Add additional milk if dough is too dry. Chill dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, until dough is cold and firm.
Bake & serve:
5. Flour a clean surface and roll out the pastry until about 1/2 cm thick. Cut into shapes of choice- either with a cookie cutter or, if you don't have one, a circular glass rim.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cut cookies about 1/2 inch apart.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
8. Serve warm and, if preferred, dunk in a cup of your favorite hot milky tea.