Chai Spiced Cake
INGREDIENTS1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. honey
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Masala Chai Spices
2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 6 mini bundt cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a minute or two and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl between additions.
4. Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and RawSpiceBar’s Masala Chai Spices.
5. Add half the flour, followed by the sour cream and vanilla, and finally, the remaining flour. Mix until just combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition.
6. Scoop the batter into the prepared mini bundt pans, and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove the cakes from the oven, and cool in the pans for 15 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to finish cooling.
8. Cool completely before serving.