Just when we thought we couldn't improve on the classic tater tot, swapping cauliflower rice for potatoes makes ALL the difference. Amped up with Italian or Greek spices, Parmesan and garlic.
3 cups cauliflower rice
1 tbsp Italian seasoning, herbes de Provence or Greek seasoning
1 bunch scallions, minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, add cauliflower rice, scallions, parsley, cheese, Italian seasoning or Greek seasoning, garlic, cayenne powder, egg, panko and combine.
3. Form into tot sized shapes and add to baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve and enjoy!
4. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and form it into a cylindrical shape. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the mixture has been used. Spray the surface of the tots with nonstick spray.
5. Bake until they’re golden brown on the bottom, 17 to 20 minutes. Flip the tots and bake 5 to 10 minutes more to get the other side all golden. Serve immediately, with your favorite dipping sauce(s).