2 tsp RawSpiceBar's Cajun Seasoning, Freshly Ground.
1 -1 1/2 pound Extra Large or Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 thick bacon slices, chopped
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 green onions thinly sliced
1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup or more broth/stock
1 Lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1 cup Quick Grits
2 cups water
3 cups milk
1 bay leaf
3-4 tbsp unsalted butter
1-2 cups white sharp cheddar cheese
Salt to taste
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon until brown and crisp this may take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove bacon form skillet and transfer to a plate. There will be some bacon drippings left in the pan (about 3 tablespoons).
- Add about 1 Tablespoons of oil / butter to the pan. Followed by shrimp. Season RawSpiceBar's Cajun Seasoning, Freshly Ground, and sauté shrimp for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside
- Then add garlic, paprika, bell pepper, parsley, and green onions. Add about ¼ cup broth or more -adjust to preference . Continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Add shrimp towards the last minute. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Remove and serve over grits.
- Start by adding water, milk, bay leaf and salt to a heavy sauce- pan. Bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in the grits, until you have added the whole thing in the pot, a little at a time. Keep stirring with a whisk to prevent any lumps.
- You may have to remove sauce- pan from heat while trying to get rid of lumps – if needed.
- Reduce heat and cook grits at a bare simmer, covered, stirring frequently, until water is fully absorbed and grits thickened. This will take you about 15 minutes.
- Remove grits from heat; add butter and cheese, stirring with a whisk until cheese melts.
- Assemble the dish by placing the grits at the bottom of a shallow bowl, Cajun shrimp and it’s sauce. Enjoy piping hot!