Bureka (Turkish Coffee Cake)
Bureka is a crunchy, coffee and spices infused Turkish coffee cake with wet and dry ingredients layered on top of one another instead of mixed. The result is a deliciously sandy and spongy cake that is perfect for a sweet breakfast or dessert. Enjoy!
1/4 cup butter, cubed
Pinch kosher salt, to taste
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp ground Turkish coffee (or regular coffee)
2 tsp Hawaij
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup pecans or any nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a small loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Add butter and cut into dry mix to combine with a fork.
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg and add sour cream. Add baking sode and combine.
4. Layer in flour mix on bottom of pan, add sour cream mix and repeat in layers until finished. Top with nuts.
5. Add to oven and bake, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve and enjoy!