Chai Spiced Banana Bread
Easy chai banana bread, with no refined sugar and 7 global spice blends to mix it up! Recipe yields 1 loaf.
2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water, combined
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch Kosher salt
4 mashed overripe bananas
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's chai masala
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease pan, if needed.
2. In a small bowl, combine flax meal and water. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, spices and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Add brown sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and flax. Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Fill batter in pan. Bake, 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.