1 lb vegetables of choice (red peppers, asparagus, eggplant, cauliflower)
RawSpiceBar's Cumin Coriander Baharat
4 cloves of garlic
1 cup lentils
1 liter organic vegetable stock
1 fresh bay leaf
1/2 cup walnuts
1 bunch mint or parsley
8 oz halloumi cheese
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut vegetables into bite sized pieces, spread on roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil, RawSpiceBar's Cumin Coriander Baharat and salt and pepper.
- Add unpeeled garlic cloves then roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the veg is cooked and charred.
- Add lentils in a medium-sized pan, pour over the hot stock and add the bay leaf. Gently bring to the boil over a medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until they’re cooked but still retain some bite. Drain and set aside.
- Make the dressing by squeezing the garlic out of its skin into a bowl. Mash until creamy, then squeeze in the lemon juice and season. Whisk to combine, then add a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Pick and chop the herb leaves, then toss with the walnuts and set aside.
- Toss the hot lentils through the garlic dressing, followed by the roasted veggies, herbs and nuts.
- Pour a lug of olive oil into a medium-sized, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Chop and fry the halloumi until it’s golden.
- Drizzle over the honey and fry for 1 more minute, until starting to caramelize. Add halloumi to salad and serve!