Arroz Con Pollo
We'd comfortably say this is one of the best rice dishes we've ever made. Extremely flavorful with freshly ground adobo seasoning marinated chicken, chopped veggies and fluffy rice make this the perfect one skillet meal.
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Adobo Seasoning
4 chicken thighs, with skin, cut in 1/2
4 chicken breasts, with skin, cut in 1/2
5 tablespoons oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1-2 plum tomatoes, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups long-grain rice
4 3/4 cups chicken stock
1 bay leaf
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
3/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives
Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 lime, juice
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Combine salt and adobo seasoning. Pat chicken dry and season with spices.
2. In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat. Place the chicken in the oil skin side down, in batches, if necessary, and saute until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook until the second side is golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Add oil to pan and add onions, green and red peppers and saute, 4-5 minutes. Add tomato and garlic and saute, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add rice and stir to coat, 2 minutes. Add stock, bay leaf and salt and bring to a boil. Stir well, cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add peas and corn, cover and continue cooking until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes covered. Fluff rice and fold in olives, parsley and lime juice. Add chicken, season to taste and enjoy!