Apple Quinoa Bowl With Maple Dressing
This fall harvest quinoa salad with roasted butternut squash and toasted pecan nuts makes the perfect healthy comforting dish. It is also super nourishing and easy to prepare, so make sure to always have a container ready in your fridge for a healthy lunch on the go.
Apple Quinoa Bowl
We’ve sourced and freshly ground the spices to make our authentic Apple Quinoa Bowl. Simply follow our recipe, adding locally sourced, fresh ingredients, to cook this delicious Apple Quinoa Bowl in just 25 minutes.
How Our Recipes Kits Work
We provide spices:
- Pumpkin Pie Spices - For Baking, Lattes
Your shopping list:
For the Quinoa bowl:
- cups butternut squash, diced
- tbsp olive oil
- RawSpiceBar's Pumpkin Pie Spice
- cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 1/2
- cups water
- red onion, diced
- cup almonds, slivers
- cup pecans
- tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional)
- bunch fresh parsley
- apricots (optional)
- apple, cubed
For the Dressing:
- cup smooth peanut butter
- cup water
- tbsp maple syrup
- tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Place the cubed squash in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and pumpkin pie spice. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until soft and golden.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa under water and place in a sauce pan with the water. Bring to a boil , then reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for about 12 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and cover the saucepan with a lid. Let sit for about 10 minutes so the quinoa can fluff up.
- 4. Heat a dry pan over medium heat. When hot, place the almonds and pecan nuts and toast for about 7 minutes, stirring often, remove from the pan and set aside.
- 5. Prepare the rest of the ingredients: dice the red onion and the apple, finely chop the parsley, cut the dry apricots into small pieces, break the pomegranate seeds.
- 6. Once the quinoa and the squash are cooked, add the diced onion, diced apple, parsley, pomegranate, toasted nuts, apricots, raisins and mix well to combine. Add the squash and gently mix not to break the cubes.
- 7. Prepare the dressing by simply mixing all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake it to combine. You can also use a blender for a smoother and creamier texture.
- 8. You can either add half of the dressing in the salad bowl and toss well before serving. Or you can serve the salad as it is and add drizzle the dressing on your plate.
- 9. You can keep the salad leftovers without the dressing in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.