Apple Pie Spice Applesauce
- RawSpiceBar's Apple Pie Spices
- 3 pounds Gala or Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Juice 2 lemons
- Combine apples, 1 cup water and brown sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until almost all liquid in saucepan has evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and RawSpiceBar's Apple Pie Spices & let cool.
- Mash mixture until coarse and chunky. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold. (Applesauce can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)